FL to CT - Day 45
With a break in the weather forecast for Tuesday May 10th we drove back to Brick, NJ today Monday May 9th. Was nice to drive up and see SAILS was still where we had left her. WE have never really left SAILS unattended at a marina before this... :)
We plan to leave for Stamford in the morning at near sunrise to complete the last leg of our trip north.
Posted at 10:20 AM
FL to CT - Day 41 - 44
Layover Brick, NJ
Due to weather and sea state we were unable to continue from Brick. NJ for 5 days. Seas at times to 10 feet. With approximately only 78 nautical miles to complete our trip.
I was to be to work by May 5th... unable to continue on SAILS we rented a car and drove to New York so that I could be there to work the 5th through the 8th.
Posted at 10:12 AM
FL to CT - Day 41
Bay Head, NJ to Brick, NJ
Checking long range forecast we did not see a break for at least a week...so we decided to find a marina. A few minutes of Googling and phone calls we found a fantastic location... Traders Cove Marina and Park in Brick, NJ a couple miles south of us.
All other marinas in the area were $3.00 a foot and S20 for electric... Traders Cove was $25 per night including electric...:)
We pulled the hook and left for Traders Cove... 45 minutes later we were docked totally protected from the winds.
Our position until the weather breaks Traders Cove Marina
. We traveled today for 45 minutes covering 1.8 nautical miles averaging 2.3 knots.
Posted at 8:08 AM